Jamie's (almost) 30 Minute Meal....
Manufacture a 30 Minute Meal of Moroccan Lamb in time, without giving the pigs I am feeding food poisoning and make it taste as delicious it looks in the book. My pig plan of attack:
- Marinate and roast a rack from a little lamb
- Infuse natural yoghurt with hot harissa
- Coat and bake some fluffy flat bread
- Stuff peppers with cheddar and create a melting moment
- Heap some hummus and pepper it with paprika
- Infuse bubbles with flavoursome fruit and its flowers
- Cook couscous and cover it chilli, mint and parsley
- Complete cooking in 30 minutes
- Keep guests entertained, well fed and tipsy.
- The flatbread drizzled in oil, coated in thyme and warmed in the oven were delicious
- The seasoned yoghurt and hummus were simple but sumptuous sauces suitable for the smorgasbord
- Big share platters make for a fun food frenzy with friends.
- The drink needed more pomegranate and lemons to infuse more flavour
- The flavour of the lamb was lovely... if only I hadn't overcooked it!
- It defeated me... there was leftovers, a very rare occurrence for a big boar like me.
All-in-all it was a brilliant buffet so I am told, although my hungry herd might be trying to humour me. 30 minutes is a little ambitious but achievable, it took me 40 minutes inclusive of taking photos and sipping on my vino. This won't be my last truffle challenge inspired by my soul mate's 30 Minute Meals book.... he is a genius!
P.S - If you want the recipe, let me know or visit www.jamieoliver.com
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-29434521-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'talesofatrufflepig.com']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);