Mexican Beef Salad Recipe......
What you need:
- 300 grams of mince
- 1 carrot chopped into tiny pieces
- 2 large chillis copped into tiny pieces (optional)
- 1 can of corn
- 1 brown onion chopped into tiny pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- ½ can of kid beans (optional)
- Can crushed tomatoes
- Taco seasoning
- Cos lettuce
- 2 tomatoes coarsely chopped
- Cheddar cheese
- Guacamole is optional, but I highly recommend, you can read my recipe here !
What you need to do:
- Add oil to a pan on medium heat and add onion, chilli carrott and garlic until soft and tender
- Add the beef and stir occasionally until it is not completely browned
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes and the packet of taco seasoning and bring to the boil for about 5 minutes then let simmer on low
- While the beef is boiling away, prepare the salad in a bowl by shredding the lettuce, adding the tomatoes, a bunch of coriander and half the can of corn and divide into bowls for serving
- Add the remainder of the corn to the beef and cook for another 2 minutes before adding beef to each of the salads
- Grate some cheese onto the top of the salad and mix through, adding guacamole if you are so inclined.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-29434521-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'talesofatrufflepig.com']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);