Lime & Pepper Vietnamese Chicken Salad ....
Spring has officially sprung, although it feels a lot like summer at the moment. And we all know what that means... sweltering days, shedding of clothes and body-friendly meals. So, you will be seeing a lot more healthy recipes pop up from me in the near future. To start, here is a simple, juicy, fresh and healthy salad that is not only quick and easy, but tastes amazing.
What you need:
- (1/4 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 200g green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 baby cos lettuces, trimmed, shredded
- 200g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups trimmed bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 Chicken breasts cut in half, length ways
What you need to do:
- Combine lime juice and rind, chilli, fish sauce, pepper and sugar in a bowl. Add half the mixture to chicken and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Cook beans in boiling water for 3 minutes or until bright green
- Combine beans, lettuce, tomato, bean sprouts and mint in a large bowl
- Cook chicken in a saucepan the slice thickly
- Drizzle remaining lime juice mixture over salad and toss to combine.