Sunday "Roast" Lamb Shank Salad....
Sunday roasts are unbeatable - the meat, the gravy, the vegies... all of it. But they require a lot of work, preparation and ingredients. You also need to have enough people to feed to make it all worth while. So, if you're like me (lazy) and you're cooking for yourself (Pat), but you want all the enjoyment of a Sunday roast without all the effort, this recipe is the perfect solution. Serves 2
What you need:
- 1 red onion
- 1 large carrot
- Half a bunch of kale
- 1/2 teaspoon of tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- coconut oil
- Spring of rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 lamb shanks
- 1 litre of beef stock
- Tahini paste
What you need to do
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Heat the oil in a large casserole pan over high heat. Add lamb shanks and cook until brown all over, turning, for 5 minutes or until brown all over.
- Add the rosemary, 2 cloves of garlic, shanks and salt and pepper into an oven try and cook for 2 hours, turning every 30 minutes to ensure the meat stays moist
- Mix tahini paste with juice of a whole lemon and 1 clove of garlic to create the dressing and seasons with more
- Chop the kale, carrot, onion, almonds and oil into a pan on medium to high heat and saute with spices and serve into bowls when all have become soft
- Remove the lamb and pull the meat off the bone (it shouldn't need much help falling off) and place on top of vegetables and then drizzle tahini over it to finish.