Coconut chicken with asian salad ....
This salad is a great lunch or dinner option for warmer weather thanks to its crisp freshness and the tropical punch in the coconut. It is light, fresh, quick and easily “beefed up” with some vermicelli noodles. What you need:
- ½ bunch of wombok, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Cup of coriander, roughly chopped
- Cup of mint, roughly chopped
- 3 cups of bean shoots
- 2 x chillies (leave out if you don’t like it hot)
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 500g of chicken
- ½ cup of roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 3 shallots stalks, finely chopped
- Soy sauce
- Fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
What you need to do:
- Cut chicken into thin strips and place into a pan on medium heat with the coconut milk, a dash of soy sauce and the chillies finely diced and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 5-10 mintues.
- While the chicken is cooking place all vegetables into a large bowl and toss
- To make the dressing place about 4 tables spoons of soy and 4 table spoons of fish sauce into a bowl with the sugar and lime juice and stir, then place over salad, add more ingredients based on your tastes
- Once the chicken is cooked, place it on top of the salad along with the peanuts and serve.